Cameron Forster was admitted to practice as a lawyer by the Supreme Court of Victoria in 2000. He joined Schembri & Co Lawyers in 2014 after many years in insurance litigation, and has continued his focus on litigation matters. He is a dedicated and meticulous lawyer and is an asset to our firm.
MAIN AREAS OF PRACTICE
General Litigation including matters relating to:
- Contractual & commercial disputes
- Negligence claims
- Claims for misrepresentation, unconscionability, and misleading or deceptive conduct
- Insurance disputes
- Cases involving fraud
- Banking disputes
- Property/Conveyancing/Leasing/Caveat disputes
- Employment disputes
- Personal injury claims
- Coroners Court matters
- Disputes involving incorporated associations
- Licence suspension/cancellation matters (security licences, taxi licences, firearm licences)
- Defending charges brought by WorkSafe
- Defending proceeds of crime applications to restrain & forfeit property
- Dealing with warrants for seizure and sale of property
- Acting for clients whose property was damaged by fire and whose insurer decided to reject their claim, leaving them to pay significant rectification costs out of their own pocket. He was able to convince the insurer to reverse its decision and accept his clients’ claim for cover.
- Negotiating a compensation payment for a client who suffered dog attack injuries, without having to commence any court proceedings.
- Acting for clients whose daughter’s death was investigated by the Coroners Court of Victoria. The Coroner made findings his clients were unhappy about. With Cameron’s assistance, his clients were ultimately successful in obtaining orders from the Supreme Court of Victoria for the Coroner’s findings to be set aside.
WHAT YOU ENJOY BEST ABOUT THE WORK YOU DO
After working for many years for insurance company clients, I enjoy working more for individual clients. I get particular satisfaction from applying my experience to assist clients achieve great outcomes in disputes against insurers. As most lawyers, I am results driven and enjoy helping clients settle their disputes and achieve results they are happy with.
WHY YOU ENJOY WORKING AT SCHEMBRI & CO LAWYERS
The team at Schembri & Co are a great group of people to work with. We are like minded and understand each other which helps with the pressures of our job.
INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF WORK
I enjoy gardening and playing the piano (as long as there’s no one else around to hear).